Industrial and Commercial protective coating can be implemented for a number of reasons depending on what you are trying to avoid. For some people, there is a worry of corrosion and so epoxy and polyurethane based coatings are placed which control the corrosive agent and helps to avoid corrosion. For other people there may be a worry of water ingress and so a protective coating is applied to avoid this.
Some other reasons for protective coating are:
• Anti carbonation coatings in order to preserve fortified concrete
• Polyurethane-based coatings for movement accommodation, chemical resistance and waterproofing
• Epoxy resin based coatings onto concrete to create a high chemical resistance
• Elastomeric systems to cover damaged or dynamically moving substrates
• Hygienic coatings for the food and beverage sectors
• Anti-slip systems to overcome health and safety risks
Depending on the surrounding environment and the service requirements, there are a range of different material systems which can be applied as a protective coating, these include:
• Mineral Silicates
• Water based co-polymers
Industries we have worked in are: Industrial, Commercial, Airports, Utilities, Rail, Food & Beverage and Warehouses.
We have held our WRS framework for 10+ years, our technical knowledge in protective coatings is extensive. If you require any Specialised Civil Engineering packages, please give us a call for a FREE site survey.